Dogs are always welcome!
A pet-friendly camping-village in Orbetello, Tuscany
The Orbetello Family Camping Village is one of the few campsites in the Argentario region, Tuscany, with a beach where dogs can swim. Your furry friends are always welcome in our village!
In addition to being the campsite in Orbetello closest to the WWF oasis and the sea, we are also one of the very few campsites in the Tuscan Maremma that accept dogs, cats and pets in general, in many types of mobile homes and on many shady pitches. Plenty of space to walk with your four-legged friend!
Here are all the options and services for your four-legged companion:
- On the campsite beach there is a dedicated ‘Bau Beach’ area, free or equipped with parasols and sunbeds. Plus, your dog can swim in the sea!
- Possibility of bringing your four-legged friend to the restaurant’s outdoor veranda to enjoy its company while you eat your favourite dishes
- Large play area with certified wooden toys inside the Orbetello Family Camping Village, for safe fun
- Dedicated dog showers with tub and hairdryer, to freshen up after a day at the beach
- Specific products for your pet’s hygiene and nutrition available for sale at the campsite market
- Possibility of walking with your faithful friend in all green areas of the campsite
- Free access to dogs in the pine forest next to the beach
- Free bag dispensers located in different areas of the Orbetello Family Camping Village
Some tips on how to best experience the Orbetello Family Camping Village’s ‘Bau Beach’ for dogs:
- If you use the public beach, don’t forget your parasol: by always providing your dog with a shaded area, you will avoid heat and sunstroke
- The water bowl is crucial: always fill it with fresh, clean water
- Bring some light snacks for your four-legged friend
- Please keep your dog on a leash at all times: the beach can hold unpleasant situations and surprises for your friend
- Bring some of its favourite toys and, of course, the dustpan and bags to collect its droppings
Request for availability or a quote now; remember to indicate how many pets are travelling with you. We will reply according to your request. And don’t forget our few, very simple rules you must follow to spend your holiday with your dog or cat with complete peace of mind:
- Pets are allowed in certain types of bungalows and pitches upon reservation. For Club Del Sole, the well-being of the dog is an indispensable pillar of Dog Friendly hospitality. Welfare parameters are based on a rather high standard, whereby the possibility of accommodating a dog is assessed (to define and identify which accommodations are suitable) on the basis of the size, breed and number of dogs present in the village at that time. Contact us for more information
- The presence of pets must be indicated at the time of booking. Maximum two pets per property allowed. A vaccination certificate and insurance must be presented at check-in
- Access of pets to the public beach is prohibited, except in specially designated areas (as per municipal regulations)
- Pets must be kept on a leash and, if necessary, muzzled
- Owners are obliged to pick up the physiological needs of their pets with the appropriate scoop and ensure that they do not disturb other guests in the village
- Any damage caused by pets to third parties and the village facilities is the full responsibility of the owner.
- Animals are not allowed in the playground, toilets and pool area
An up-to-date vaccination booklet and insurance are required to enter the village. Dogs reported in the regional register as biting dogs are not allowed. Don’t forget microchipping and registration with the regional registry office: these are compulsory for dogs and recommended for cats, as they allow your friend to be found immediately in the event of loss.